Associate Account Executive
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home dcor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of colorKate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
* management of in-house categories (handbags, small leather goods, and tech) across major department stores both B&M and online with a strategic focus on quality of sale
* fluid communication both internal and external partners on a dailybasis; developing strong relationships with key departement store buying office contacts
* must be a proactive thinker, making recommendations to drive account business in-season and during seasonal markets;identifyandreact to new opportunities
* fiscal shipping responsibility
* lead showroom presentations and assortment recommendations by client
* effectively communciate business strategies and partner with internal cross-functional teams, as needed
* keep abreast of competitive market place
* partner with planning to manage open-to-buy, forecasting and assortment recommenation plan by month
* maximize brand profitibility
* manage seasonal replenshiment offer, actualization and re-forecasting monthly
* leverage lifestyle brand focus
* partner with wholesale marketing lead to effectively communciate brand and seasonal product inititiaves, filtering through the wholesale lensto final customer via digital, print, social, affialiate and in-store collateral
* manage online presentation and brand shop asset recommendations with marketing support
qualifications for position
* 2-3 years of experience working in a wholesale/sales environment
* must have previous account management experience, preferred neiman marcus, saks, bloomingdales
* ability to manage accounts independently
* intitiative and sense of urgency
* strong presentation skills both written and verbal
* required expertise in MS office to include word, powerpoint, outlook and excel(must be fluid with pivot tables and v-look-ups)
* proficiency in retail math, working knowledge of OTB
* some travel is required
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.
Req ID: 60335
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Outside Sales, Account Executive, Retail, Sales
Loading some great jobs for you...