Customer Care Specialist - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Multi-faceted Customer Care position which includes dealing with Customers via phone, email or fax to help them place orders and rectify orders. Hours are Monday-Friday: 8:30 am-5:30 pm. Hourly rate is $14.00 and is a temp to hire.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Receives, processes, and accurately verifies phone, fax, e-mail and/or mail orders.
- First line of contact for customer inquiries via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or credits including necessary transportation.
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Verifies data and order information accuracy.
- Responds to customer orders and follows through to completion accurately and within customer and Company timeframes.
- Identifies special order instructions.
- Reviews discrepancies in data and reviews with appropriate Customer Care team member/Supervisor and provides necessary follow-up
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and comfortable with using internet based applications.
- Minimum of 1 year of call center experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
We re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
Imagine what we could do together.
Action Oriented Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Business Insight Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals.
Collaborates Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Results Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Plans and Aligns Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Only local candidates please.
Associated topics: answer, clerk, customer care specialist, internship, representante de servicio al cliente, representative, service, technical assistant, telephone, telephone service representative