Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
Club Monaco is looking for an experienced, customer-centric and results-oriented leader to develop and execute a marketing strategy that will enable the Club Monaco stores and digital businesses to reach their full potential in sales and profits. Additionally, as the leader of customer insights across all channels, the VP of Marketing will direct the strategy for customer acquisition and retention across all channels influencing the development of brand marketing campaigns, store events and store operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Create, communicate and execute clear, measurable goals aligned with business strategies; holistic evaluation of fiscal year results
* Develop, plan, execute and measure fiscal marketing initiatives that support business goals by driving traffic into current and future stores and website including, but not limited to: Metrics of success and budget, Customer insights, Research projects (customer, industry trends), Key brand opportunities, Promotions & ROI-based initiatives, In-store experience strategy
* Develop and implement process for ensuring that marketing materials represent the Club Monaco assortment and support business needs
* Develop and execute marketing plans to support new store openings at the market level; nurture developer relationships, oversee direct and digital marketing strategies
* Partner with Leadership Team and Field Leaders to continually improve the customer shopping experience, ensure that in-store and out-of-store experience is aligned, consistent, and emotionally relevant; identify opportunities for improvement; assist in the planning, forecasting and measurement of marketing's impact at the store level
* Develop, monitor, and demonstrate an ROI of the marketing budget
* Develop and execute customer contact strategy and circulation plan
* Develop strategies to increase acquisition and retention of profitable customers
* Build and responsibility manage annual marketing budget.
* Develop, manage and optimize our online marketing programs with a focus on consumer acquisition, conversion and retention, efficiently and creatively reaching financial targets with an optimized spend that reaches strategic goals.
* Lead all activities including email, affiliates, SEO, SEM & CRM
* Lead customer analytics across all channel of Club Monaco providing insights that deepen the organization's understanding of the customer. Develop customer acquisition and retention strategies that are agnostic to channel.
* Ensure PR & Marketing drive conversion through multi-channel content. Create a customer acquisition & retention program, as well as other marketing initiatives and email programs to increase sales
* Develop and manage developer/neighborhood relationships across North America and EU
* Oversee developer partnered marketing initiatives; on-going programs, database outreach, tourism, special events etc.
* Monitor and approve onsite signage to secure optimal placement and costing through negotiations and partnerships
* Work closely with Real Estate on new store openings and renovations for implementations of marketing programs
* Oversee philanthropic programs through partnership with Employee Communications
* Define and implement a unique, brand-right voice and aesthetic across all social channels that's as inspiring as it is brand-building
* Define and implement unified social programs and strategies to increase brand awareness, audience, and engagement
* Build and maintain social calendar to promote products, events, and brand initiatives
* Photograph and/or work with freelance photographers and in-house graphic designers to create original content with a brand-right aesthetic
* Build and maintain all social communities
* Establish metrics and goals for tracking social media reach and impact; report on those insights on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
* Expand brand's overall presence by executing and benchmarking digital word-of-mouth programs and strategic influencer partnerships
* Lead new customer acquisition projects and launches of new social tools or opportunities
* Cultivate relationships with and manage outreach to digital PR players and select partners, securing brand-enhancing coverage
* Monitor and forecast digital trends, best practices, emerging technologies, and risks; assess competitors and make recommendations; benchmark Club Monaco's performance across all channels as it relates to competitors within the fashion industry
PR & Events
* Responsible for media relations and contacts with the menswear, womenswear and accessories.
* Manage seasonal press preview
* Interdepartmental communications with Sales, Design and International licensees.
* Maintain senior media contacts in editorials, TV, regional and online relationships.
* Oversee monthly editorial reports and competitive analysis report.
* Attend key industry and cultural events.
* Write all press releases and seasonal brand inspirations.
* Liaise with Polo Public Relations department
* Create a brand right strategy for all events in the company for North America.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure we are driving business in the key markets and anniversary last year when necessary.
* Oversee, plan and execute all events on budget.
* Develop and create brand signature events that support and brings to life all the brand assets from campaign to social media to intimate consumer centric shopping events.
* Review current event standards and revise and implement as appropriate.
* Manage departments budget
* Oversee the sample buy and sample process for PR
* Ensure maximize editorial credits both online and offline
* Assist in all photo shoots and the development of them
* VIP Card and ambassador program
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's from a four-year college or equivalent
Skills & Experience
* BA or MBA with experience in digital, Performance Marketing, Customer Analytics and Product Management
* 10 + years in marketing
* Strong understanding and appreciation for brand marketing
* Ability to juggle multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
* Strong communication skills - written and verbal
* Strong presentation skills - creative concepts and ideas
* Understanding of and interest in the retail fashion industry and its various channels
* Appreciation and passion for the Club Monaco brand creative styles and sensibility
* Familiarity with new digital enabling technologies
* Creative, assertive and solution-oriented when faced with obstacles
* Decision making capability clearly driven by conceptualizing future opportunities and developing strategic and business initiatives
* High level of accuracy, detail oriented and strong organizational skills
* Proven leadership and team building skills including the ability to successfully motivate, negotiate and influence effectively across departments and divisions
* Develop strong relationships throughout the organization
**In August 2019, the Club Monaco corporate offices will be moving to Nutley NJ**
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.