- Ralph Lauren
- $84,070.00 -121,080.00/year*
33 Willow Pl
Description Company Description
Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research fabric trends
- Source textiles of all types (knits and woven's for men's)
- Work closely with design on fabric direction
- Utilize extensive knowledge of fabrics and finishes
- Work closely with the Production teams throughout the development process to ensure the highest level of design quality and integrity
- Review fabric developments to provide any ongoing development, regarding layouts, weaves and finishes, etc.
- Partner seasonally with the Production team to establish sourcing strategy to ensure best product and best price
- Liaise with vendors to develop new materials/finishes/fabrics
- Review merchandising plans and maintain calendar timing
- Monitor sales and retail sell-through to determine successes and failures, and to build this knowledge for future collections
- Daily communication with overseas office and mills with fabric inquiries
- Meet regularly with the cross functional team, Mens' Design Director and Senior Director of Product Development, Production and Fabric Operation to discuss any fabrics to styles and address any potential issues
- Act as specialist in the area of textiles, offering a strong knowledge base to the company to understand how to achieve all fabric needs, from appropriate mills, to countries of origin, to appropriate pricing, and all pertinent aspects of the textile industry
- Offer novel fabric concepts, consistently keeping the line updated and trend-aware while sourcing to price points
- Communicate and interpret the brand's aesthetic and direction through fabric
- Provide fabric alternatives that reflect trends, as well as maintain brand integrity and aesthetics
- Prepare fabric information and details for Product Development team, including fabric specifications, suppliers and opening negotiated pricing
- Execute all artwork for prints and yarn-dyes, seeing through development from initial concept, to final production
- Manage initial lab dip communication for all fabrics at the development stage
- Maintain the seasonal fabric library
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Web PDM
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent time management/project skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of urgency for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner
- Goal orientated: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
***This job is currently based in NYC, but will shift to our campus in Nutley, NJ in August 2019.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, lawn, management, manufacture, mow, production management, scanner, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...