Merchandise Planner- Calvin Klein North America Wholesale
Compensation: $71,850.00 - $128,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Merchandise Planner will be the liaison between brand merchandising and the wholesale channel to understand and address product opportunities and challenges. The Merchandise Planner will support and develop seasonal strategies by utilizing point of sale data, historical bookings and partnering effectively with cross functional partners.
Key Focuses to include:
* Develop and fine-tune assortment plans that will be constructed to the cluster/ door level, utilizing door profiles, volume clusters and departmental/classification selling.
* Ensure that assortment plans for all product categories within a division support the financial strategy.
* Ensure that seasonal account assortment plans address the business needs of our retail partners and the direction of the Brand
* Generate and assist in the analysis of key business reports
* Maintain seamless communication between Merchandising, Retail Planning, Sales, and Retail Development teams
Strategic Financial Planning Process:
* Collaborate with Retail Planning and Sales to prepare the financial class plans
* Validate all finalized class plans with Director and VP Merchandise Planning prior to building assortments
Assortment Planning Process:
* Build well-structured assortment plans based on target classification and financial goals
* Develop pre-season blank line plans based on target Cluster plans and target MSRPs
* Assist in the selection of product based on seasonal CK brand strategies as well as retail partners' product needs.
* Ensure that all assortments meet target metrics such as class mix, receipt flow by Account and climate, and in-going margin targets
* Develop estimate of total units by style to be purchased for each delivery period
* Establish seasonal sku targets and ensure that sku plans are achieved
Analysis and Forecasting Process:
* Monitor and analyze sales and margin results at style/color levels against forecasts and make strategic decisions to drive the business on a weekly, monthly and quarter basis.
* Identify areas of risks and opportunity. Provide strategic decisions to drive business.
* Participate in weekly business discussions covering the following topics:
* Top line sales and sales trends
* Best and worst sellers
* Assortment planning opportunities by door
* Perform ad hoc reporting as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 to 3 years of assortment planning/buying experience
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field
* Strong analytical and mathematical skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Self-motivated and organized
* Strong product knowledge in retail/ wholesale apparel industry
* High attention to detail and able to multitask and reprioritize in a fast paced environment
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Wholesale Sales, Planning, Merchandising, Supply, Marketing, and Design, Finance, and Operations teams
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Tracks sales and promotional activity versus the negotiated calendar in place to build a case to exclude/include sales activity going forward.
DECISION MAKING: Identifies issues and opportunities and strategies at a class/style level
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: High attention to detail; ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines; possesses system thinking and can create procedures to improve operational efficiency and accuracy.
ENVIRONMENT: Able to adapt to a fast-moving and less structured startup environment
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...