Seasonal Retail - Housekeeping Associate, Part Time: Herald Square
Compensation: $31,090.00 - $61,530.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Primary responsibility for the Seasonal Housekeeper is to make sure that the store is cleaned everyday for our customers. Other functions that this position may include are distribution of merchandise bags and boxes and performing carry outs of purchase for customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
* Maintain customer service as the top priority
* Project a courteous and professional demeanor to all internal and external customers
* Cleaning and maintaining fitting rooms
* Picking up trash from registers, restrooms, offices, common areas
* Cleaning and re-stocking restrooms
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
* Minimum of two years of Custodial/Housekeeping experience in a retail or commercial environment.
* Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and manuals.
* Ability to communicate with peers, managers, and the general public.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to use equipment including ladder, vacuum, broom/mop, high-speed buffer, pushcart, hand truck.
* This position involves heavy lifting, moving, standing, sitting, and lifting at least 30 lbs.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
* Detail Oriented, must possess a positive attitude.
* Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endless opportunities. Countless possibilities.
Associated topics: cleaner, guest room attendant, hotel, housekeeping, houseperson, ihg, planchador de lavanderia, planchadores tintoreria y lavanderia, room attendant, wyndham
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...