Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
COLD FORMING OPERATOR - Perform duties in a team environment and operate one or more machines to shear, form and punch forgings from coiled stock. Responsible to ensure the quality of work in work cells by monitoring progress of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
* Responsible for obtaining daily job assignments at beginning of shift.
* Ability to review and understand production plan for the day for scheduled set-ups and machine operations.
* Work collectively and collaboratively with the members of department, management and other departments to ensure objectives are achieved.
* Responsible for proper lubrication of equipment, designated oil changes and minor machine repair.
* Purge and wash down of all machines.
* Obtains necessary tools for next order prior to changeover.
* Required to load machines and to remove raw material from inventory. Required to re-band and re-tag coils that are to be returned to the coil storage area or that has been rejected.
* Responsible to report any equipment malfunctions, production shortages, excessive tool usage or other system failures related to job to supervisor.
* Responsible to dump scrap into designated container.
* Responsible to check all empty containers at time of placement at machines for the positioning of the container identification and absence of foreign parts in the container for all machines.
* Responsible for becoming familiar with operation, adjustments and proper care of machines as outlined in manufacturer's manuals.
* Completes necessary records for production and down time.
* Follows work instructions for first and last piece tickets.
* Responsible for proper cleaning of all drawing equipment.
* Recording of production tubs and scrap from all headers in ERP system (JDE).
* Responsible for data collection and entry for all attributes, SPC, or other data for computer entry.
* Daily mopping and machine cleaning as per work stations cleaning schedule.
* Responsible to have gages checked if dropped or damaged (Return gages to the Quality Department to verify that the gages are still in calibration).
* Conduct pan checks to ensure product quality.
* Clean outside and inside of all machines.
* Clean dies and other tooling.
* Keep all machines and work areas neat and clean per standard.
* Painting and labels of all equipment.
* Assist in keeping the overall appearance of the shop clean and orderly.
* Assist with setup/teardown.
* Assists maintenance in machine repair.
* 5S of machines.
* Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and procedures.
* Other duties may be assigned or required for this position.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* High School diploma or equivalent required. * Manufacturing experience required. * Must successfully pass designated testing required for this position. * Must be able to work from verbal and written instructions, observation of conditions, production order schedules, blueprints and statistical process control charts. * Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, basic hand tools, gages and the online JDE computer system. * Must have strong mechanical aptitude and good judgment to learn how to plan and perform cell operations. * Must be able to use simple arithmetic. * Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and a high level of reliability. * Must be a self-motivated team player.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
* To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily with/without accommodations.
* The physical demands required include the following: the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, sit, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include: close/distance/ peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Manufacturing environment that requires hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed shoes and exposure to temperature fluctuations intensified by seasonal changes.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
* Pay Type Hourly * Required Education High School * Saegertown, PA, Saegertown, Pennsylvania, United States of America