The Merchandise Planning & Allocation Project Manager will be responsible for managing the workflow and resource allocation related to omni-channel sales and inventory planning projects, leveraging personal and team's knowledge. We are looking for a Project Manager who will collaborate with Merchandising, Marketing, Finance and Technology partners across the organization to improve process, tools, systems and ultimately business results. The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive understanding of retail metrics and how they are used across functions to deliver sustainable growth for Hanna. This talented individual will understand how teams are currently operating and lead project delivery to improve efficiency and effectiveness while increasing team engagement and morale. The PM needs to be able to hit the ground running and should be an expert in PM standards and PMO reports and processes. This effort is key to support the merchandise planning strategy for this year. Project work is currently in the early stages, so you'll have a chance to make a difference and be of part of the decision-making process.
This will be a temporary/contract position hire.
* Lead projects and project team to develop strategies and process innovation to achieve business goals
* Effectively build & manage project charters and define key milestones and success factors
* Lead and champion process improvement of inventory planning, systems and tools to support business requirements and needs
* Establish process for team to effectively communicate financial guardrails with Merchant partners to guide the assortment planning process by division and departments
* Lead projects to enable team to develop strategic and operational plans for the P & A team, manage execution and measure results
* Develop tools and processes for team to analyze current business, historical results and market trends to proactively identify risks, opportunities and solutions to maximize results
* Partner with cross-functional leaders to identify process improvement opportunities and drive cross-functional teams to deliver sustainable changes
* Identify and drive recommendations that impact overall business models where allocation is impacted and align with cross-functional leaders on best practices
* Manage projects to develop sustainable communications and reporting for Planning, Allocation and cross-functional teams that will provide regular on-going updates and feedback to Executive leadership team, PMO and additional stakeholders
* Ensure Planning & Allocation project goals support departmental and company goals and are accomplished on time and under budget
* Develop processes for teams to participate more effectively in the business review, seasonal and strategy meetings as required and participate as subject expert providing insight and recommendations that help guide business outcomes
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
* 5 years' retail relevant experience in merchandise/business/demand/supply planning; experience working in a vertical retailer preferred
* Ability to understand retail KPI's, consumer metrics/persona's, and formulate strategy/execution to drive toward revenue, margin, and inventory targets
* Intellectual curiosity, able to think creatively and offer fresh ideas
* Excellent influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership
* Excellent cross-team calibration; Inspire high levels of engagement, trust and collaboration across diverse group of stakeholders
* Ability to effectively balance needs of multiple stakeholders
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment with competing resource needs while managing the daily business and other P&A initiatives
At Hanna, our vision is to be the premier children's lifestyle brand. We will achieve this primarily through our enthusiastic associates who are customer-focused, innovative, results-oriented and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment. We strive for a culture that is balanced - we work hard, but encourage our associates to maintain a healthy balance in their daily lives. Hanna Andersson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate