- Five Leaves
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
117 Jewel St
Fives Leaves is a lively all-day Australian-New American cafe with seasonal menus and an unbeatable ambiance that has made it a local hotspot and Greenpoint staple for over 10 years.
We are seeking a sous chef to join a growing team. The ideal candidate has experience leading opening/closing production teams, expediting all meal periods, strong knowledge of food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitation, effective time management and quality control. The sous chef would participate in menu development and daily specials. We work very hard at sourcing sustainable and ethically raised proteins, and our menus follow the seasons. This is not a position for a robot. On the contrary, we are looking for someone positive and high energy that can think on their toes and rise to a challenge as we expand an established brand.
This is full-time position averaging 50 hours/week. Pay commensurate with experience. Incentive plan including seasonal bonus and a house allowance
- Responsible for expediting service, overseeing production and monitoring cooking temperatures to ensure all items are prepared to meet standards
- Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Monitor and ensure that standard kitchen operating procedures are met
- Support all kitchen employees including training, mentoring, and some disciplining
- Assist in monitoring the receiving of all product to ensure it meets restaurant standards
- In partnership with the Executive Chef and CDC, develop new menu items and ensure proper execution and roll out of any new additions
- Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef
- Manage inventory and costs with the Executive Chef & CDC
- Ordering / Purchasing / Inventory
- Support staffing needs for BOH open positions
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 2 years of related (high volume) kitchen management experience
- Must have a current NYC DOH Food Protection Certification (or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Seasonal food/product knowledge
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Exceptional communication skills, Spanish speaking a plus
This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef looking to join a stable company with long-term prospects. Serious applicants only.
More detail about Five Leaves, please visit
Associated topics: baker, chief chef, commercial, corporate, grill chef, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef, service manager, tavern, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...