John Hardy Business Manager, Full Time: Bloomingdales 59th Street
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. As the John Hardy Business Manager, you will work in Bloomingdale's prestigious Fine Jewelry department, driving a high volume of sales and ensuring productivity and customer satisfaction by serving as the expert in John Hardy's offering of signature silver designs renowned for their commitment to traditional hand craftsmanship and precious materials. The JHBM collaborates with the Fine Jewelry Manager to ensure appropriate counter staffing, event execution and planning, client outreach and exceptional service levels. Perform other duties as assigned.
Driven by our Desire to Win
* Deliver your monthly and seasonal sales plan by maximizing all selling opportunities and working consistently on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to achieve goals
* Work directly with the Fine jewelry Manager and John Hardy executive team to strategize events on a seasonal basis
* Review all upcoming events and communicate all details to store management
* Partner with Fine Jewelry Manager to strategize events and set retail sales goals; both presell, day and stretch plans for entire staff
* Responsible for communicating the event along with all goals to associates in the department
* Proactively partner with departments outside of Fine Jewelry (FJ) to drive business day of the event
* Communicate assortment opportunities to Buyers, Trade Area Managers, and John Hardy Regional Manager and/or National Account Director
* Remain current and knowledgeable of industry trends, to determine opportunities to maximize sales within the market
* Maintain appropriate visual merchandising standards reflecting current guidelines
* Seek visual opportunities outside the department: signage windows, employee dining, elevator etc. to be scheduled seasonally with the visual department
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new product categories
* Review stock levels and special trunk requests for specific events
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
* Engage the customer proactively by using devices and technology to enhance the shopping experience
* Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
* Resolve JH client issues and/or requests in an efficient and quick manner, ensuring customer satisfaction
* Drive top line sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional Selling Skills
* Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon their entry into the area
* Partner with Sales Staff to complete sales and add on items to increase IPT
* Collect meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships and personalizing future client development opportunities
* Utilize the available marketing tools to engage current and new business and drive sales
* Develop a repeat-business customer base in order to regularly communicate: upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to increase incremental sales
* Motivate and educate all Bloomingdale's sales associates and DSAs throughout the entire store to build interest
* Promote cross selling throughout other departments through product training, contests, and events
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
* Train all FJ associates and other selling services (Personal Shoppers, Stylists, etc.) on John Hardy product and history
* Be aware of the impact of behavior on others
* Provide help and advice to colleagues to achieve goals
* Demonstrate a flexible approach, responding positively to any reasonable request
* Monthly business review to be submitted 1st week of every new fiscal month to FJ Manager and John Hardy
* Ensure team is maximizing our clientele system, B Connected, by capturing all John Hardy client information for special events/mailing
* Be proficient in and coach POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, and B*connected
* Assist in training, coaching, motivating, and developing new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge, and department productivity goals
* Participate in quarterly and annual reviews focused on overall sales performance, clientele management, communication, event executions/results, and relationship-building
* HS Diploma or equivalent.
* Able to easily engage in conversation.
* Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
* Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
* Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
* Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
* Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
* Able to use a calculator.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
* Constant moving and standing.
* Able to lift 10 lbs.
* Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.
* Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
* Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
* Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: advertise, campaign, digital, freelance, leveraging, promo, public relation, research, social media marketing, strategy
Loading some great jobs for you...