Assistant Manager Fabric R&D - LOFT
Compensation: $100,760.00 - $159,350.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Assistant Manager Fabric R&D - LOFT to join our team located at our Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036.
Assistant Manager, Fabric Research & Development - LOFT
This position supports the seasonal development of fabric in alignment with sourcing, cost and leadtime strategy. Implement Ann Inc standards, through design vision and product integrity while adhering to the Product Life Cycle (PLC). Champions the company's values and practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, and embracing diversity. Candidate must possess technical knowledge of raw materials, have strong attention to detail and thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Review all seasonal fabric developments with Senior Manager/Manager to ensure proper allocation and development of fabrics to meet design vision, merchandising requirements and corporate goals
* Support corporate mill strategy
* Recipe maintenance for seasonal hindsights and reports
* Maintain and update fabric library and build fabric archives
* Adheres to PLC dates provided by manager; meets all deadlines and deliverables
* Build and maintain seasonal binders for complete fabric records for classifications managed
* Facilitate Fabric Standard Setting for all fabrics (wovens & knits) with support of manager
* Communicate effectively and consistently with all key cross functional partners on fabric development and all related issues
* Support innovation - attend fabric shows and mill appointments; research and present fabric trends to cross functional team
* Build seasonal concept packages for respective categories with the support of manager
* Work with manager to troubleshoot and resolve development and bulk issues effectively
* Be an expert for your categories and be fully prepared for all meetings
* Proactively track sample yardage ready dates and report statuses regularly to manager
* Collect all copyright documentation and communication with overseas
* Contribute to additional projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years experience in fashion industry, with fabric development knowledge
* Possess technical knowledge of fabric construction and types
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
Associated topics: forklift, garden, lawn, manage, management, plant, prune, scanner, ship, transplant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...