Seasonal Retail Associate
Compensation: $31,515.00 - $62,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
* The pay rate for this role is $15.75 per hour
* This is a seasonal position that could begin as early as mid-October and end as late as January 31st, 2020
* We are currently hiring Seasonal Retail Associates for multiple NY locations. Our Amazon Bookstore locations we are currently hiring for are in Columbus Circle and 34th St. Our Amazon 4-Star Retail store is located in SoHo.
Join the Amazon team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates' ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy learning new things, with a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
* Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
* Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgement in handling requests or difficult customer interactions
* Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and service that facilitates discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
* Follow merchandising guidelines and execute space and signage changes as needed inside and outside the store building
* Receive, stock, and replenish product
* Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
* Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including manning the point-of-sale (POS) station
* Follow standard processes, identify opportunities for improvements and escalate when appropriate in a timely manner
* Handle cash and provide accurate change to customers
* Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
* Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
* You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Associated topics: client service, customer service, customer service representative, delivering, retail customer service, retail sales consultant, sales associate, sales consultant, sell, service associate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...